5.08.2012

Insurgent
by Veronica Roth

Summary: Tris is back after surviving Dauntless initiation and the Erudite simulation attacks.  But now, conflicts are growing, allegiances are changing, and Tris and Four are about to find themselves in the middle of an all-out faction war.

Thoughts: I had a little trouble getting into Insurgent.  Regrettably, it had been so long since I read Divergent that I had forgotten many details and minor characters; I should have reread it before I started this sequel.  But after I became reacquainted and things started rolling, I was completely pulled in.  The action is nonstop with a lot of surprises, and the novel ends with quite the cliff-hanger, leaving the reader breathless and ready for #3.  The violence is pretty intense and not for the faint of heart, but this is a pleasing sequel for the die-hard fans of Divergent


TIP:  I would recommend rereading Divergent before diving into Insurgent and/or brushing up on the details here.



Read Insurgent if: 
  • you loved Divergent
  • you have a crush on Four. 
  • you enjoy interesting dystopian novels with tough heroines. 
  • you like books with a lot of action and plot twists & turns. 
  • you are a fan of The Hunger Games
Visit author Veronica Roth's blog to learn more about this hip, dauntless author.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...