11.09.2013

Caldecott!

Since I started teaching elementary school and sharing books with my students over 20 years ago, I have admired and devoured the books that have received the annual Caldecott Medal and Honors.  As a new librarian, I was delighted to share these special books with more and more readers and to introduce them to artistic elements and mediums.  A favorite yearly activity became issuing a Caldecott Challenge and hearing from students which of the winners were among their favorites.  

It has been a longtime dream of mine to serve on the Caldecott Committee.  As a lover of literature, art and design, I've always felt this would be such an incredible experience.  I am over the moon to report that I will be on the ballot for the 2014 committee!  It is a long shot, but it's a shot.  I am truly honored to be considered and beyond thrilled at the possibility of serving on this esteemed selection committee. Thank you, ALSC (and to a special friend who suggested my name to the committee!), for this amazing opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...